Tuesday 5 October 2010

Paris Look Book

On the whole Paris has been a bumper year for inspiration Comme des Garcons & Junya Watanabe
I particularly loved the stripes, although maybe not wearable as a dress I would very much like them in a tunic. I also as always loved the ideas and presentation of both these shows.

Issey Miyake & John Galliano
Dear God could these two outfits BE any more delicious, The dress on the left is to die for the colours and patterns are so lovely, and Galliano has surpassed himself, check out the muse behind this collection it is just such an amazing idea with clothes to match. This would be a great evening outfit, if my legs were 6 inches longer and I was not wedded to black!

Hussein Chalayan
For me this was THE best show of the whole 4 weeks, no question the cut the colours the shapes that man is just an incredible pattern cutter with such a unique eye for the tiniest detail.

Costume National & Limi Feu
Simple but very wearable, and if you have seen my clothes you will know these would slot into my wardrobe effortlessly. I am seeing a LOT of fluid wide leg trousers this year not hugely compatible with public transport though!
Hussein Chalayan & Celine
Well, you know how every bloody year fashion editors bang on about 'a crisp white shirt' imagine one of these? Now tell me Chalayan is not a genius with scissors.

Dries van Noten

Such beautiful fluid clothes as always, another show worth a longer look.
All the images come from style.com

1 comment:

materfamilias said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Wonderful prints and colours. . .
I'm with you on the fluid wide-leg trousers being a challenge for getting around, though. Those grey linen ones I pictured in a recent post are very tricky on my bike -- especially since I don't have a chainguard!