Thursday 12 June 2008

The cost of youth

It has taken a very long time, but I have finally settled into a beauty routine that although may not visually work it certainly feels like it works which is as important.
Night time
I am not a fan of soap and water, in fact I struggle to clean my face with any product that needs washing off. I have tried the Liz Earle cleanse and polish but I never feel truly clean. My favourite product is a strange one. It is called Liquid Gold by Alpha H. I found it via a QVC TSV. The other products it came with were truly awful, and I only realised how incredibly good the Liquid Gold was when I finished the bottle and stopped using it. It is a very strange liquid it act like a tone but the smell is quite grim It feels like it almost burns off a layer of skin, but this is a good thing as then my skin feels truly clean. To put this in context the skin on my face is a tough as a Rhino hide. I have very olive skin that is really open pored great for aging well but not an attractive look with out make up. Sadly after children my skin has become quite patchy it does not tan evenly and without a hefty sun block I can look like a pie bald pony. So Alpha H really does minimise the pores and evens out the blotches. It cost £32 for 200mls and I managed to tip the entire contents of a new bottle all over my wash bag when I last went to Mums, I could have wept.
After this I wipe the Liz Earle Super skin concentrate over my face, which is a blend of oils. It is really lovely and my skin when I wake up is soft as a baby’s bottom ish!
Morning
Is Liz Earle Eye Repair then currently some Chanel moisturiser which cost an absolute fortune but it is lovely and light for the summer leaving shiny patches. None of it is cheap but if you have the face of an orange it works.

3 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

If you have found something that really works for you there is no price too great. When I think of all that I have spent and that hasn't worked that is what really gets me. Like the Le Mer that gave me no better results than Nivea cream.

Oh, and I am so very sorry about your Alpha H spilling out.

indigo16 said...

I have always wanted to try Le Mer but the price!! and it is galling when the results are the same.

auntiegwen said...

I've used "Pore Minimizer" refining serum by Clinique for minimizing pores obv with good effect. I've always wanted to try Guerlians " Midnight Secret" to see if it's as good as they say