Thursday 20 November 2008

Icons of Glamour & Style

Cecil Beaton

George S Zimber

Ben Ross


Milton H Greene (my favourite)

Henri Cartier Bresson



Bert Stern

Roy Schatt


Bert Stern


Eve Arnold

Richard Avedon
16 - 17 December 2008 New York, Rockefeller Plaza
A positive cornucopia of images, on sale at Christies next month. I could have done an amazing post on images taken by Irving Penn as well as my favourite Sally Mann.
However what struck me the most, was just how many images there are of Marilyn Monroe from so many different photographers. Not one Dud in the whole pile, has anyone ever been more photogenic?
If you can't afford the real thing the catalogue has to be a bargain.

1 comment:

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Aw, she was my odol when I was growing up. I used to collect postcards of her from Kensington Market and put them in a photo album! Isn't she divine?