Wednesday 5 November 2008

Postcards from Kettles Yard






I have been many times and taken countless rolls of film, but I never feel that I have taken 'the one'. You know, the photograph that captures the essence of a place. For many places it come easily, but here, I do not know whether it is the weight of history or the sense of place. It could be more physical than that, although a place of light, that light comes with real metering issues, it creates reflections and shadows everywhere more often where you do not want them. When I looked at the images all I saw was me!
I know it is churlish but Lelya trying to grab the camera every five minutes did not help. But hey it is a hobby not a living, so why do I mind? I will return...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So good......

materfamilias said...

You're very demanding of yourself. As for me, this photos are very evocative and these two posts are really making me want to find out more about Kettles Yard. What an inspiring space it looks to be, clean, light-filled, soothing, satisfying decor with a sense of modernity and tradition at once. I'm going to put those books on my (very long) list of future reading, for sure.