Thursday 12 November 2009

Wish List

I have only just cleared my last wish list and now it is rapidly filling up again. One of the people that showed us around the flats in Berlin remarked that when in London he fell in love with all the bookshops. I was surprised, as there seemed to be plenty in Berlin, especially art book shops in the galleries.
I have often envied anyone who lives in America, Photo-eye is a classic example of all that is good about books available in America, luckily some seem available here too and so... this one will probably be bought fairly soon


This one sadly will not, it is a lovely book with some beautifully evocative images. I must thank What Possessed me for finding this artist.

I covet the classics too, like this beautiful book on Sudek's still life photography.



I have been a huge fan of Bert Teunissen's work in the past and this book really resonated with me. Not dissimilar to some of my images, it has helped me realise that I need to find my creative MoJo.

Last but by no means least, I covet this book A LOT. The Guardian is currently running a photography supplement in sequential order of each decade. I had no idea these images were taken such a long time ago. You have to hand it to Sander, they look far more contemporary than date they were taken.

No comments: