Wednesday 8 December 2010

The view from here

Joyous beauty from Miu Miu, truly a window to drool over..


A surprise window was Vanessa Bruno, not because it was particularly festive but because it really nailed a couple of 'looks'.







So as a nation we spend millions of pounds replicating in plastic the white Christmas we all crave and lo when it arrives we grind to halt quite literally. Cost so far to us has been one burst pipe and the collapse of our only recently repaired guttering. Mother declared that York too had become a slippery nightmare I mentioned that walking the dog was grim without sliding humiliatingly along the pavement, of course as always it is FAR worse where she is, if I have 1 inch of ice she has 3. She is the only woman I know who feels the need to play the 'My Dick's Bigger Than Your Dick' game. So looking forward to her visit on Saturday....

Last Saturday Leyla and I spent a magical hour at St Martins-in-the -Fields for the family Christmas carol concert, she was very excited about seeing an organ!! nope, I don't know why either, but she loved it so much she counted the pipes. She sang her heart out too and I almost wanted time to stand still it was such a perfect moment, after I took her for a pizza, when quizzed as to what she enjoyed the most, Harry Potter + sushi or carols + pizza she declared it a tie. Maybe, just maybe she has turned a corner.

I had fortuitously ordered just before the snow fell 2 awesome pieces of thermal kit from Uniqlo. These leggings for slouching around the house.




and this top which lets face it could have been designed by Rei Kawakubo herself. It looks amazing layered under other tops and dress. Talking of layering having perfected the art of layering 4 items without looking too much like Mr Pilsbury Dough, they finally fixed the heating, I'm sweltering now!!, well warm in 3 layers rather than 4 but still I now have to rethink my wardrobe AGAIN having just bought another much thicker black cardie to warm up in!!

3 comments:

materfamilias said...

I LOVE your new blog design -- more, actually, than those of other blogs who have brought in graphic designers to set theirs up. I've been wanting to re-do mine for ages, but somehow never find the time. Maybe yours is the inspiration I need.

And yes, that's an amusing paradox, isn't it, the longing for the White Christmas and then the frustration when it arrives, cold, wet snow and surprisingly freezing and slippery ice. At least Leyla's there to warm your heart. . .

indigo16 said...

Yes, it was totally unintentional I was trying to be clever with a more creative banner (failed) and ended up with this!

Mardel said...

I love the design too. I guess this is when it started, I'm so far behind I wouldn't have known.

Ah yes, the snow...
I still think it is beautiful and magical the moment it stops when the world is frozen into some kind of quiet fantasy, and then the inconvenience and the slippery mess and the ugliness that is civilization combined with snow emerges.