Friday 9 September 2011

Something Stripy for the Weekend?

The first in an occasional series clearly featuring the most wonderful of patterns, Stripes. I have always had a bit of a thing about stripes, I can remember iconic knitwear from when I was a teenager featuring 'hoops' as someone once described them. Later I particularly loved a grey marle/blue combination and one particularly treasured item was a jumper knitted by Margaret Howell's sister which I wished I had kept to pass on to Kitty, who too loves stripes to bits.

So I decided to photograph all my stripes on and off, the first few will be from the holiday, before effortlessly moving into more winter modes. Some people bring back a stick of rock from their holiday, my treat to myself was this fisherman's smock, purchased from a fisherman's co-operative on the quayside of St Ives harbour, I love it, clearly not great in town but each and every year it will will be lovingly worn back in the town of its birth. And best of all it only cost £15! a bargain, and very comfy too.
Worn here with some cut off shorts, I live in shorts on holiday, nothing better than some brown pins, sadly no one gets to see them once I come home as it is bloody freezing now.





No comments: