Thursday 17 May 2007

Artist's Studio's




The June issue of World of Interiors delivered some gems this month, the RCA has combined their degree shows so finally I can get to see all the work, even now I would like to go back to college I was too young the first time. Another temptation to see is the opening of Hogsend Henry Moore's house in Perry Green. The house has been restored to its original 1970s look, a favourite era of mine. The studio and grounds have been open for some time and I took some students to see them last year it is the most inspiring place I love seeing artists studios and watching them work almost as much as seeing their work. Other favourites include Babara Hepworth's studio in St Ives.

Finally in this issue was Mary Fedden's house on the banks of the Thames what a perfect place to live. Although she is not in my top 20 I always look forward to seeing her work in the Royal Academy summer exhibition. She makes the simple look effortless which as we know isn't always so.

1 comment:

Kevin D said...

We used to live near to Henry Moore's foundation, now live in France but that just brought back some great memories.