Wednesday 21 May 2008

Tim Walker



Wonderful props. This giant glove was part of the exhibition and beautifully made.


Beautiful photographs.


Wonderful sketchbooks




Brilliantly curated many of his props are so photogenic you can see why his photographs are so beautiful

His version

A wonderful exhibition, I love it when you can take photographs.

His work is an inspiration. After 2 days of marking misery, this was visual candy to cheer me up. Seeing this exhibition, which mixes his props and sketch books and photographs, I am going to rewrite the year 12 course (again) This time NO bloody photo shop, it is the bane of my life, they butcher every idea and then look surprised when I criticise.

The best photographs are the ones that are considered and thought about, not thrown together. So with a heavy heart I have drawn a line under the failure of this years students to pass. I will move on, knowing it can only get better.

Bizarrely, My other year groups have all done exceptionally well, so maybe its not just me.

4 comments:

miss milki said...

This exhibition looks amazing! I love Tim Walker. Doubt I'll make it to London for the exhib though! I'll just have to save up for the book instead.

Disneyrollergirl.net said...

Isn't it great that he still uses Polaroid?!

Unknown said...

ooooh, i wish i could go to this exhibition!

indigo16 said...

I have grown to love him more after seeing the exhibition and will be saving for the book.