Friday 18 January 2008

Jo Self





Whilst putting up the resources for my new year 10 project I remembered the work of this amazing artist, Jo Self. I have focused on showing you the sheer scale of her work which draws you in to some very deep, rich pigments. How wonderful it must be to paint inside Kew Gardens and exhibit there. It is one of the most beautiful gardens in the world. When I was about 7 years old I was asked where I wanted to go for my Birthday treat and I chose Kew, even as a child It held a magic, I think it was the pagoda and the Palm house as well as the sheer scale of some of the trees. Back then you only had to pop a 2d in to the turnstile! now its about £7 but I have been going every year since and never tire of it. Kitty now enjoys visiting too so another generation feels the love.

No comments: